WINNIPEG – Severe thunderstorms are possible in southeastern Manitoba today, Environment Canada says.
Morden, Winkler, Altona, Emerson and Morris are under a severe thunderstorm warning.
Steinbach, St. Adolphe, Dominion City, Vita, Richer, Whiteshell, Lac du Bonnet, Pinawa, Sprague and Northwest Angle Provincial Forest are under a warning.
Conditions are favourable for dangerous thunderstorms to develop, the weather agency said, with damaging wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain possible.
Communities under the thunderstorm warning are:
- Rural municipality of Morris, including Rosenort and Aubigny
- RM of Montcalm, including Emerson and St. Jean Baptiste
- RM of Rhineland, including Altona, Plum Coulee and Gretna
Communities under the thunderstorm watch are:
- Rural municipality of Thompson, including Miami, Rosebank and Deerwood
- RM of Roland, including Jordan and Myrtle
- RM of Stanley, including Winkler and Morden
- RM of Ritchot, including St. Adolphe and Ste. Agathe
- RM of Tache, including Lorette, Ste-Geneviève and Landmark
- RM of De Salaberry, including St-Pierre-Jolys and St. Malo
- RM of Hanover, including Steinbach, Niverville and Grunthal
- RM of Ste. Anne, including Ste. Anne and Richer
- RM of La Broquerie, including La Broquerie and Marchand
- RM of Franklin, including Roseau River and Dominion City
- RM of Stuartburn, including Zhoda, Vita and Sundown
- RM of Lac du Bonnet, including Lac du Bonnet
- RM of Reynolds, including Ste. Rita and Molson
- Local government district of Pinawa, including Pinawa and Seven Sisters Falls
- RM of Whitemouth, including Whitemouth and Elma
- Pointe du Bois
- Falcon Lake and West Hawk Lake
- RM of Reynolds, including Hadashville and Rennie
- RM of Reynolds south of the Trans-Canada Highway
- Shoal Lake reserves
- Buffalo Point First Nation and Northwest Angle Provincial Forest
- RM of Piney, including Piney, Woodridge, Sandilands Sprague and Vassar