TORONTO – A number of closures will be in effect across the province as Canada celebrates its 147th birthday today.
- LCBO and Beer Stores
- Government Offices
- Most malls, including Eaton Centre, Vaughan Mills, Square One and Bramalea City Centre
- Tourist sites and attractions
- TTC (holiday schedule)
- GO Transit (holiday schedule)
There will be numerous Canada Day celebrations across the province.
Leslie Roberts and Liza Fromer will be hosting Canada Day this year from Mississauga’s Celebration Square.
The province’s official celebration is happening at Queen’s Park with a 21 gun salute to kick things off at Noon.
Scarborough will host their 46th annual Canada Day parade, closing Brimley Road from Progress Ave. to Ellesmere Rd. Southbound.
Celebrations will also take place at Mel Lastman Square, featuring an acrobatic performance and live music.
You’ll also be able to catch a number of fireworks displays in the GTA, including:
- Mississauga Celebration Square (Canada Day on the Square) – At dusk
- Amesbury Park – 9:45 p.m.
- Canada’s Wonderland – 10 p.m.
- Centennial Park (Ribfest) – After dusk
- Downsview Park – After dusk (10 – 10:30 p.m.)
- Mel Lastman Square – 10:15 p.m.
© Shaw Media, 2014