How to eat healthy at the Calgary Stampede
CALGARY – Although deep-fried treats are a well-known staple at the Calgary Stampede, organizers say there’s a wide variety of healthy food too.
“There is something to satisfy your Stampede food cravings while avoiding sensitivities or allergies,” says James Radke, midway operations manager.
Global Calgary gets you the inside scoop on where to find some more calorie-friendly Stampede fare:
Healthy Food options
- Salt Spring Noodle Bar: offering vegetarian Pad Thai and Soy Sesame dishes cooked in water instead of oil
- Jamaican Mi Juicy: offering Jamaican jerk chicken wraps
- Wrap Daddy’s: located near the Big Four Building, winner of the 2013 Best Alternative Food Option
- NC’s Gourmet Grill
- Skewers Authentic Greek Wraps
- Naaco Truck: found near the south side of the Corral
- Joey’s Urban: found at two locations; in the Double Decker Bus near the Corral and in the BMO Centre.
- Big Bubbas Bad BBQ: located in the new Triple B
- Juicys Outlaw Grill: located in the new Triple B
- Wrap Daddy’s: located near the Big Four Building, offering gluten sensitive wraps
Low calorie sweet treats
- Sugar Creek Kettle: located near Nashville North and the Coca-Cola Stage.
The Calgary Stampede runs from July 4-13, 2014.