SASKATOON – Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for southern Saskatchewan.
A low pressure system approaching from the United States has spread heavy downpours and thunderstorms into south-central areas of Saskatchewan.
Severe thunderstorms are possible in the province Saturday afternoon and evening. Strong wind and heavy rain are the main threats, with the potential for large hail.
Rainfall amounts of 30 to 40 millimetres are expected over the next 48 hours, especially near the American border.
Environment Canada says if threatening weather approaches, take cover indoors immediately.
Special weather statement ISSUED for:
- Swift Current – Herbert – Cabri – Kyle – Lucky Lake
- Shaunavon – Maple Creek – Val Marie – Cypress Hills
- Assiniboia – Gravelbourg – Coronach
- Moose Jaw – Pense – Central Butte – Craik
- Estevan – Weyburn – Radville – Milestone
Severe thunderstorm warning ENDED for:
- R.M. of Brokenshell including Trossachs
- R.M. of Lake Alma including Lake Alma and Beaubier
- R.M. of Laurier including Radville
- R.M. of Lomond including Colgate and Goodwater
- R.M. of Souris Valley including Tribune and Oungre
- R.M. of Weyburn including Weyburn and McTaggart