Jessica Laventure from The Morning News cooked alongside Concha Y Toro chef Ruth Van Waerebeek. Why not try their delicious lamb recipe?
For the lamb chops
¼ cup finely minced parsley
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/3 cup olive oil
8 lamb chops, with bone
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the almond and mint pesto
¾ cup almonds, peeled and toasted
1 cup fresh mint leaves
¼ cup green olives, pitted
1/2 – ¾ cup olive oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
½ teaspoon hot chilli powder
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt and pepper
- Put the parsley, garlic and olive oil in a large bowl.
- Add the lamb chops and cover with the marinade; refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the pesto: put all the ingredients for the pesto in a blender and process until a smooth purée.
- Pour the sauce in a bowl and reserve.
- Preheat the grill at medium heat, take the lamb chops out of the marinade and grill 4-6 minutes per side, or until the desired doneness.
- Brush with the reserved marinade once and a while.
- Serve the grilled lamb chops with the almond-mint pesto, grilled cherry tomatoes or mixed vegetables and a rice pilaf (optional).
- Pair with Marques Cabernet Sauvignon wine.