UPDATE: Severe thunderstorm watch in southeast Saskatchewan
SASKATOON – Environment Canada has ended a severe thunderstorm watch for southeast Saskatchewan.
A hot and humid airmass was expected to produce a few thunderstorms in the afternoon and early Saturday evening.
The agency said there was a risk for the development of isolated storms with intense downpours, nickel-sized hail and wind gusts of 90 km/h.
The thunderstorm potential was supposed to ease by early Saturday evening.
Environment Canada asks that people be prepared and take cover immediately indoors, if threatening weather approaches.
Severe thunderstorm watch ENDED for:
- Carlyle – Oxbow – Carnduff – Bienfait – Stoughton
- Estevan – Weyburn – Radville – Milestone
- Moosomin – Grenfell – Kipling – Wawota
- Yorkton – Melville – Esterhazy
- Fort Qu’Appelle – Indian Head – Lumsden – Pilot Butte