UPDATE: CBE approves higher school fees in final budget vote
CALGARY – The Calgary Board of Education voted to approve the proposed 2014-2015 budget on Tuesday.
It means parents will have to pay more for busing, supervision and supplies to cover a $6 million budget shortfall.
The increases will generate an extra $8.9 million in revenue for the CBE.
- Busing fees for students in Grades 1 through 12 will rise by $35 to $330.
- For kindergarten students, busing fees will jump by $150 to $330.
Noon hour supervision
Parents whose children remain at school for lunch would also pay more for noon hour supervision.
- Supervision fees for children who are not bused will rise from $220 to $280.
- Fees for students who are bused to school will jump from $145 to $280.
Instructional supplies and materials
- Fees for instruction supplies and materials will increase by up to $32.
History of student fees: