Here’s today’s recipe for Chef Alvin Pillay and Blackbird.
For 4 people
3-4 lbs fresh bc spot prawns
4 tablespoons unsalted butter ( small cubes )
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic ( thinly sliced )
1 large shallot ( thinly sliced )
1 lb fresh asparagus ( sliced into 1 inch sections )
3 tablespoons Italian parsley ( roughly chopped )
t/t dried crushed chili flakes
freshly cracked black pepper
rustic country bread
1) Trim any longer antennae and split the prawns in half, reserve
2) In a large heavy bottomed skillet, gently heat the butter, olive oil, garlic & shallots on low heat.
3) Once the garlic and shallots are translucent, add in the spot prawns flesh side down & asparagus.
4) Season with kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
5) Cook until the flesh turns a gentle white, then remove from the heat.
6) Finish the dish with parsley, lemon juice & chili flakes.
7) Dish up and serve with thickly sliced rustic country bread.