Windset Symphony Sorbet : Heirloom-Style Tomato Sorbet
50ml Olive oil
150g Onions, finely chopped
2g Sprig thyme
1pc Zest’s dried orange
1kg Windset Farms Symphony™ Heirloom-Style Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
10g Tomato purée
6g Sea Salt
1pnch Cayenne pepper
500g Windset Farms Concerto™ Grape Tomatoes, seeded, chopped
6pc Tarragon Leaves
100ml 50 / 50 Stock syrup
20ml Red wine vinegar
Salt & pepper to taste
• Strain discarded seeds from the Symphony tomatoes through a fine sieve to
collect the juice – lots of flavor here!
• Sweat onions, thyme and orange zest’s in olive oil until soft for 5 minutes in a
heavy bottom sauce pan
• Add tomato purée and chopped Symphony tomatoes and collected juice, cook
for 25 – 30 minutes over medium heat
• Remove from heat and add basil and tarragon. Steep for 5 minutes
• Add all remaining ingredients, liquefy until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve
• Place into sorbet machine and churn until frozen
NOTES: The sorbet is best used within 4 hours due to its low sugar content.
If you do not have a sorbet machine at home the sorbet mix can be frozen on a flat tray.
Once frozen place into a food processor and blend until smooth. Return this to the
freezer to set up 2 hours prior to serving
Stock syrup 100ml water boiled with 100g sugar, pass, cool.