EDMONTON – Fire crews were called to a grass fire in southwest Edmonton around 4 p.m. Tuesday afternoon.
Three hours later, firefighters still hadn’t been able to get control of the blaze, burning in the area of Grandisle Road, south of 23 Avenue and east of 199 Street.
Fire officials say dry and windy conditions have made the fight difficult.
Nobody has been injured in the fire, but an abandoned building has been destroyed, and roughly three acres of land have been affected.
The cost of the damage is not yet known.
It’s believed that the fire was caused after garbage that was being burnt was left unattended and spread.
Police have been on scene helping direct traffic in the area.
More to come…
© Shaw Media, 2014