May 6, 2014 8:20 am

Several businesses go up in flames in historic downtown Prince George

VANCOUVER – Fire crews in Prince George were kept busy on Monday following a large fire that started at about 11:30 p.m. Sunday night.

It is not known what started the blaze in the 300-block of historic George Street, but several businesses are now scrambling to relocate.

Deputy Fire Chief Cliff Warner says when crews first responded to the fire they found heavy flames and black smoke pouring into the sky.

It appears that the Something Old, Something New antique store is the worst affected, and the Copper Pig BBQ House closed on Monday due to possible smoke damage. Mothers N’ More Maternity was also affected and will remain closed until further notice.

Warner says no one was hurt in the fire.

Sections of George Street will likely remain closed for several days.

Instagram user mfp943 took this video of the blaze:

© Shaw Media, 2014

Report an error

Comments